Thursday, June 25, 2009

Almost Done...

Dear all
Today is D+13, 13 days from the stem cell transplant. I got very much used to living in the small room. As expected, after the strong chemo, I lost my appetite and all the important parameters went to the floor (like the imuune system). For a week, the numbers were so low that you wonder how lucky you are to get out of this situation. That week with very low numbers was the the most risky period in this adventure.
As in the textbook, 3 days ago the numbers started to go up and in a fast pace. So far the medical team is very happy with the progress and status. On the flip side, I can't eat and drink on my own and this will have to be resolved before going home.
I am already 2 weeks in the room and got used to the routine. My family comes to be with me every day and it is really very encouraging. I really hope that within a week I will be able to go home.
This is for now, just a short update. I hope for even better news in the next update.
Yours
Guy

9 comments:

Wiezman said...

Guy,
Those are excellent news. We keep on thinking of you everyday.
We are here at your disposal for anything.

sadoc said...

Dear Guy,

Yes, very excellent news! I'm reading the blog with Neta and we are very happy to know that things are in the right track. All the best!

Shalom and nitraeh be karov! :)

Daniel

Potentially Optimistic said...

I was very happy to hear the good news. Keep it up.
Miri Olin

Unknown said...

Guy,

Great news.
Keep up the spirit and roll up the numbers.

Just the best


Shabbat Shalom
Dror

Amos Halfon said...

הרבה אחלמה ורפואה שלמה!.
חושבים עליכם כל הזמן


עמוס, סיגלית
דור רוני וגילי.

Reuven Goldshtein said...

Dear Guy.
Very good news this is the optimistic way.

Keeping my trust that with the help of God you will be back home on your own feet.

You are the light!!!

Praying for you.
Yours
Robby

Unknown said...

BON COURAGE Francoise and me are with you all the time.
Moishele from Paris

shoshi alon said...

my love
i am so proud of you.
you did it, and we are going to have the best time in our life togather like we had in the past 32 years togather.
i love you keep strong
shoshi

Unknown said...

Guy Shalom,
Our thoughts and wishes are with you. Our family just returned from the National Parks (Zion, Bryce, Grand Canyon) that you gave us so much great advice about - so you were in our conversation and thoughts on a daily basis. In some ways we felt that you were there with us commenting! Stay strong!
Yoel and Avital