Sunday, November 18, 2007

On the move - again...


After 5 treatments my spirit is high and I never stop eating in spite of all the warnings about side effects. This is really a very good feeling, because I know that the hard part is yet to come.
In the past few months I traveled a lot on business - 7 countries, twice around the world.
When I got ill, the doctors told me: "categorically no travel".
Last summer we had planned a wonderful family reunion in Israel at the end of December.
It was clear that for me it will not be possible to travel in December with a problematic immune system.
The only possible window to travel was ... now, in the 10 days interval between cycle 1 and 2 of the treatments while my immune system is sort of OK. In consultation with the doctor I decided to travel to Israel with Shoshy for 9 days, starting on Monday night (19 Nov.). On Monday I am getting a boost for this trip (more blood), then the last chemo session of cycle-1, then go to the airport and fly to Israel. Crazy? Maybe, but possible.

I really feel well and can do it. I hope for many happy returns.

For all of you whom I am going to meet shortly, please remember: as much as I want to, I was instructed to have virtual hugs and virtual handshakes to protect me from any infections (protect me from you!).
So, I am very excited and look forward for a little adventure. After so many flights, where I flew alone, it's great to fly with Shoshy.
When you have something serious like I do and there is a cloud above your head everywhere you go, you look at small things that you otherwise ignore. At the end of every day I have adopted a motto which I say to myself: "it was another very good day!" Luckily, lately it happens every day.
This is for now. I like to take pictures and decided to share a few with you - some nice pictures of my neighborhood in Autumn. The views are simply irresistible.
Ciao, Guy






6 comments:

Unknown said...

so here is your first virtual hug and virtual handshake before you even arrive

thanks for all your tips on Orlando/Cancun

Rafi said...

Another Virtual Hug from all of us...

Bon Voyage. Have a great trip!

Many virtual hugs, virtual handshakes, and non-virtual Fun in Israel..!

See you after you get back.

Lehitraot,
-- Rafi

Reuven Goldshtein said...

Shalom Guy.
Here is another virtual hug and shake hand.
Happy to the chance to see you soon, even thoe I would prefer in other circumstances.
Whish you good luck and with the help of God you will be over.

Great hug
Robby

junard said...

Coming up with this "blogger" is a genius idea. " you're a genius Guy "
I would love to keep-in-track... Life is really a wonderful journey. As "kiva piano, va sano, valentano, enon ariva mai " i dont know what it means.... ZVI (the General'e) usually recites everytime we're on our way march to KAYA's.... In each step along the way, there are leaps and bounds, rains and storms but tomorrow will be a brandnew day. The sun will come up and everything will be fine, nice and shine. Prayers will be answered and all anxieties will be swept away with profound gratitude and peace !!!

Friend,
junard

Unknown said...

Hi Guy,

Since I'm out of Israel, I can just give the virtual hug.

You have beautiful view near your home (and beautiful is just understatment).

Enjoy the rest of the visit in Israel.


Cheers,
Dror

Inbal said...

Hi Abush,
I love reading your thoughts. And even more, the kind words that people write for you. You really do inspire all of us. I can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Miss you lots.